Monday, August 20, 2012

Spreading Sunshine

I have been behind in my posting not only regular posts, but also a very special post. 
Right before I got sick I was given this awesome award from a truly special blogger friend, Sarah from Nature's Nurture.
The Sunshine Award is an award bloggers give to other bloggers "who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere."
Wow.
I am and have been just blown away that Sarah included me in this!
She is someone I find to be so inspiring. I love reading her blog, I am always finding myself learning new thing. So, for her to include me in this is so humbling. Thank you Sarah!
On to the award ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Sunshine Award is given from bloggers to bloggers.  It’s for someone “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
Okay, so here’s how the award works.
  1. You should thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
  2. Answer the following questions about yourself.
  3. Choose 10 of your favorite bloggers and link their blogs to your post.  Be sure to let them know that you are nominating them for the award.
  4. Be sure to copy and paste the award to your blog! ( I can’t guarantee, nor do I expect, that everyone on my list will also post this on their blogs, but they are truly some of my favorite, most inspiring pages to read every morning!)
The 10 Questions:
  1. Favorite color: Turquoise blue. I adore it !
  2. Favorite animal: Cats. I love love love cats. Any kind as well!
  3. Favorite number: I don't really have one. Never have. Does that make me strange? 
  4. Favorite Drink: Sweet Southern Ice Tea, helllllur.....born & raised in the South!
  5. Facebook or Twitter: Facebook for sure. I can't seem to Twitter properly.
  6. Good book or good movie: 
  7. Giving or getting gifts: Giving! I love giving gifts. I love to see their faces when they open it. That I say to my children, is my gift. :)
  8. My passion: To live simple and lightly.
  9. Favorite day: Monday ~ I get to start a whole other week.
  10. Favorite flower: Hydrangea, any color. 
My 10 Nominations:
(In no particular order)
1. Sawdust and Paper Scraps. Truly, have y'all checked her out? She has mad skills! Because of her (stalking her on her Facebook) I decided to no longer buy crappy furniture but build it. I use to do this when I was a young Mom and it fell by the wayside. Now I am inspired to do it because of her blog & willingness to share so much information!
2. The Year of Less. Amazing, that is the word I say over and over when I read this blog. I am so challenged when I read this. Yes, I failed miserably at the no dryer month challenge. But I will do it again, when I am not sick.
3. The Minimalist Mom. Enough said.
4. Naturally Mindful. Stephanie has so much information she shares. I love reading her posts. Her latest post about curbing fleas is one of my favorites! 
5. A Baker's Dozen Barnhouse News. Please take the time to stop by this blog. Out of tragedy and loss comes a story of a large family who are thriving by the grace of God. It will be impossible for you not to be inspired by this family or their beautiful homestead. 
6. A Life Unprocessed. Where does one start? From making your own lacto fermented foods, to caring for your hair chemical free... you will find oodles of information here! 
7. The Nerdy Farm Wife. I adore this blog. I do. I am always enlightened, inspired and challenged when I read the posts. I know you will too! :)
8. Passionate Homemaking. I have read this blog for awhile. I consider it actually to be one of my 'resources'. I refer to past posts often for info and look forward to new ones! :)
9. Small Footprint Family. From social issues to recipes, you will find a great deal of inspiring information here! 
10. Off The Grid at -30. Glo and her blog are one of my very favorites. And if you haven't check it out by now, you need to get your backside over there pronto!

No comments: